Saturday, December 24, 2005

Ultima 5: Lazarus

OK folks, this is huge. In case you weren't old enough to play computer games back in the glory days of monochrome color, Ultima V to me is among the all-time greats in CRPGs. Ben and I used to play this thing for *WEEKS*, ignoring hunger, schoolwork and concerned parents.

So it's with a great sense of excitement to find out that the game has been remade and updated with a fairly recent 3D engine. Best of all it's free.

I give you Ultima 5: Lazarus. Let the rediscovery begin.

web statistic

1 comment:

-ben said...

Oh, you have no idea...

To make sure I sleep at night, my dad actually disconnects the keyboard and brings it into his bedroom at bedtime. I ended up skipping lunch at school for a month to save up for another keyboard. And then when everyone is asleep, guess who goes sneaking downstairs to the computer with Keyboard No. 2?

Words cannot describe the satisfaction of luring Lord British outside his castle and blowing him up with the ship's cannons.