Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Did Nissan supply GTR ringers to American motoring press?

One thing that always bugged me is the inconsistency between what the press publishes and what the public sees and experiences. In my own testing on our local dyno the GTR lays down about 390 whp, time and time again. Yet the American press keeps insisting that it was higher than that. I was skeptical and preferred to stick with my own experiences until I came across this article on Car and Driver.

According to the article and their supplied test sheet, their car went 11.5 @ 124 mph. This is not unexpected. The fine print is that their test facility's elevation was 4200ft!

Now the question is, how was their test car obtained? Was it through Nissan USA or purchased off a dealer lot?

Update: Thanks to MT who supplied a link to Car and Driver's position.

What I'm not happy with is that they didn't have the journalistic integrity and balls to grill Nissan on why they were supplied with what is undoubtedly a ringer. Basically the rest of the article just white-washes away this fact, spin control.





web statistic

No comments: