Saturday, August 06, 2005

Lame post

Came across this amusing post in one of the forums:

First off, I'd like to say that this isn't by any means an excuse for my performance in the Class 1 catagory for the MArina South drag race.

My car is the only WRX in the class, the rest being Evos and one 2.5 Impreza.

I'd love to give it my all for that event to show that WRXs are good cars. However, my car has started to have problems since Wednesday where my turbo refuses to spool normally and boost comes in really late.

Again, this isn't an excuse. All I'm saying is, if I beat the Evo 9 that I'm running with, I beat the Evo using a 'broken' car. Won't that be swell for scooby fans

Cheers all, and good luck to all those that are running in the different classes.


In a separate post in the same thread:

Yeah in class 1 it doesn't matter about bhp. However, I'm facing the ONLY female (please don't take me for an MCP) driving an Evo. And I'm the only wrx/sti in that class. I guess it's a matter of pride at this point.


Lame, lame post.

Who gives a damn if your turbo is not spooling, you had an argument with the girlfriend the night before, the dog ate your homework etc. A loss is a loss is a loss. If the female driver of the Evo 9 loses, she could just easily say her car is totally stock, it's her first time driving a manual, she had visions of a long departed relative advising her not to win the race and a multitude of other shoulda-woulda-coulda reasons.

Run what you brung, and put up or shut up. Be charitable in victory, and graceful in defeat. That's true sportsmanship.

1 comment:

-ben said...

He lost the race because the positions of the planets and stars were against him that day. During those exact moments, there was a Mercury-Jupiter 60-degree alignment, which immeasurably sharpened her (his competition's) reflexes. Also, her eagerness to win was enhanced by the Venus-Neptune 150-degree link from Virgo to Aquarius.

Conversely, Mr. WRX-driver experienced a wave of uncertainty as the lunar orb starts a void cycle. This time-period of potential confusion lasts until 6:55AM PDT the next day when the Moon enters Virgo. As a result, the odds are stacked against him until 4:37PM PDT the following day, during a Sun-Mercury Inferior Conjunction - energizing 14 degrees of Leo, where his manly driving prowness will return at full throttle.

I suggest Mr. WRX sell his WRX and invest in a four-pack of RedBull and a tricycle. The balance of the money should be used for a lifetime subscription to Miss Cleo of the Psychic Hotline. With the power of the stars behind him, he can't lose...